START TODAY SUCCEED TOMORROW!
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Morning Orientation is scheduled for the first Tuesday morning of each month and last for four (4) days from 8:00 a.m. - Noon.
Evening Orientation is scheduled for the first Tuesday evening of each month and last for five (5) evenings from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
The new time periods are to allow students to complete 12 hours and become an active student prior to entering the daily coursework. All students must complete the required Orientation time periods to continue in the program. Returning students who have not attended within the past six months, must attend the required Orientation to re-enroll.
- Must be at least seventeen (17) years of age. Seventeen (17) and Eighteen (18) year olds must bring a parent or guardian and a school withdrawal form from the last school attended. May be court ordered.
- Must take a TABE baseline test and a progress test.
- Services are Free. Attendance is expected.
The length of time to achieve your GED is dependent upon:
- Grade student completed before dropping out
- Number of years the student has been away from school
- Student's attendance/participation while enrolled in the GED program
- Whether or not the student is a life-long reader
The policy of Texarkana Independent School District is to comply fully with the non-discrimination provisions of all state and federal laws and regulations by assuring that students are afforded equal access to regular, vocational, special education programs, and activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or handicapping conditions as provided in these laws and regulations.