Texarkana Independent School District welcomes students who are in university-based programs that lead directly to student teaching or teacher certification programs to help them complete their student observation hours. We will work to accommodate all requests but placement will be determined by volume and our ability to manage the student requests balanced with our instructional programs. In rare cases, some requests may not be possible.
Program Time Lines:
Students will submit a TISD Request for Classroom Observation and Background Check Form, a copy of their Driver's License and Teacher Program Documentation for verification of needed observation hours.
FALL Semester observation requests must be received by October 1st
SPRING Semester observation requests must be received by March 1st
- Student submits to Human Resources the Request for Classroom Observation & Background Check Form along with a copy of their Driver's License and Teacher Program Documentation
- Background Check is conducted
- If clear, an approval letter is mailed to student
- Student then calls school(s) to arrange observation schedule
- When student arrives, they must show their approval letter and student/state identification with photograph to school administration prior to observing classrooms
- Student completes observation hours
Please complete the Request for Classroom Observation & Background Check Form and submit to:
Texarkana Independent School District
4241 Summerhill Road
Texarkana, Texas 75503