New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is held the first Tuesday of each month. Morning classes are from 8:00 a.m. - Noon and Evening classes are from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Must be at least seventeen (17) years of age. Seventeen (17) and Eighteen (18) year olds must bring a parent or guardian and a school withdrawal form from the last school attended. May be court ordered.
- Must take a TABE baseline test and a progress test.
- Services are Free. Attendance is expected.
The length of time to achieve your GED is dependent upon:
- Grade student completed before dropping out
- Number of years the student has been away from school
- Student's attendance/participation while enrolled in the GED program
- Whether or not the student is a life-long reader
The policy of Texarkana Independent School District is to comply fully with the non-discrimination provisions of all state and federal laws and regulations by assuring that students are afforded equal access to regular, vocational, special education programs, and activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or handicapping conditions as provided in these laws and regulations.