Texarkana Independent School District
The proud history and rich traditions of Texarkana Independent School District (TISD) began with the first graduating class of Texas High School in 1889. In a report to the Board of Education in 1919, the TISD Superintendent of Schools echoed a philosophy that is as appropriate now as it was then:
"Whatever the community is to be in the next decade, the school must make it. The Texarkana of today must determine what the Texarkana of tomorrow is to be by declaring what kind of school it will have. A broadly conceived system of education is a good investment for any community, no matter what it costs, and for Texarkana the investment in good schools will pay a hundredfold."
Over a century later, TISD continues its legacy of excellence in education with strong leadership and high student achievement, which showcases the ever present Tiger Pride.
Currently featuring eleven campuses, along with a virtual school academy, TISD provides a quality education for pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. Additionally, the District offers career & technology and special education opportunities for pre-school and school-age children and operates Tiger Learning Centers that provide childcare services for children ages three and up.
TISD's Mission is to provide an exceptional education for all learners in a quality environment which nurtures the intellectual, social, cultural and physical development of each student's overall well-being. The District strives to provide a variety of educational opportunities and involvement to the student, allowing for the development of a well-rounded educational experience.
- Our strength lies in the cultural and socio-economic diversity of our students.
- All children can succeed - NO EXCEPTIONS - and will strive to provide a personalized education that maximizes the potential for each student.
- A guaranteed and viable curriculum is the most effective strategy to impact student achievement.
- A competent, committed and caring staff is essential to a quality education for all children.
- That community trust and support are critical to the success of our district.