Texarkana Independent School District
The proud history and rich traditions of Texarkana Independent School District (TISD) began with the first graduating class of Texas High School in 1889. In a report to the Board of Education in 1919, the TISD Superintendent of Schools echoed a philosophy that is as appropriate now as it was then:
"Whatever the community is to be in the next decade, the school must make it. The Texarkana of today must determine what the Texarkana of tomorrow is to be by declaring what kind of school it will have. A broadly conceived system of education is a good investment for any community, no matter what it costs, and for Texarkana the investment in good schools will pay a hundredfold."
Over a century later, TISD continues its legacy of excellence in education with strong leadership and high student achievement, which showcases the ever present Tiger Pride.
Currently featuring twelve campuses, along with a virtual school academy, TISD provides a quality education for pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. Additionally, the District offers career & technology and special education opportunities for pre-school and school-age children and operates Tiger Learning Centers that provide childcare services for children ages three and up.
The mission of TISD, an innovative learning community strengthened by its diversity, is to provide a superior education in a caring environment that inspires, challenges and engages each student through a wide range of opportunities.
- All students are capable of success!
- It is our responsibility to inspire students to believes in themselves.
- Care and compassion create an environment that fosters hope and intrinsic motivation.
- Every student should be provided an education that will prepare them for a successful future.
- Diverse educational experiences best serve unique, individual needs.
- Showing love and compassion to students, staff, parents and community members is essential.
- The highest quality educators are necessary for the best results.
- It is our responsibility to grow people.
- Positive relationships with families are key to the success of the child.
- Educating children is the job of everyone in the community.