TISD Purchasing Policy & Procedures
The Superintendent or designee will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive procurement system for the school district. This system will be in accordance with local, Texas and federal statutes or ordinances, good business practices, and the provisions in the annual budget adopted by the Board of Trustees for the current fiscal year.
The comprehensive procurement system will include written regulations and procedures as required to efficiently provide for the needs of the District. These regulations and procedures will be the policies for procurement for the District.
Code of Ethics for TISD Purchasing Department
- Consider first the interests of the School District and the betterment of the educational program of the District.
- Endeavor to obtain the greatest value for every tax dollar expended in a manner conducive to good business practices and in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Give all responsible bidders equal consideration and the assurance of unbiased judgment in determining whether their products meet the educational needs of the District.
- Discourage the offer of and decline gifts or favors which might influence or be construed to influence the purchase of goods or services.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception, insofar as conditions permit, to all that call on legitimate business missions.
- Be ever mindful of the reason for the existence of the Purchasing Department: to provide support to the various entities of the District charged with the responsibility of creating an educational environment of excellence.
- Constantly seek, identify and implement strategies and techniques that will enhance the level of service provided by the Purchasing Department.