Registration & Enrollment
Texarkana Independent School District is committed to providing an exceptional education in an environment that will nurture the intellectual, social, cultural and physical development of each student’s overall well-being. Our students find challenges through a wide array of academic and extracurricular opportunities, focusing on the individual talents and interests of each student. Our goal is to connect students to real world experiences, promoting real-world success; thereby, optimizing the learning experience for every child.
New students to Texarkana Independent School District, or those who did not complete the prior school year in a TISD school, are REQUIRED to complete the registration process. Information and forms are on the side. Our office is available to assist you with the registration process. We look forward to you and your student becoming members of the TISD Tiger Family!
Enrollment Instructions & Forms
Kindergarten - 12th Grade
KINDERGARTEN - 12TH GRADE
As of September 1st of the current school year, the student must be:
Age 5 to enter Kindergarten
Age 6 to enter 1st Grade (unless Kindergarten was completed in another public school)
Less than 22 years of age and not previously graduated from high school
Student must live within the TISD District with a Parent or Legal Guardian. For students who reside outside of the TISD district or elementary attendance zone, please click here to complete a transfer application in addition to the enrollment packet. If you are not sure which district/zone you reside in, please call the TISD Welcome Center - (903) 794-TISD (8473).
ENROLLMENT INSTRUCTIONS & FORMS
The following records will be required to complete the enrollment process for your student:
These documents will be required at the time of enrollment:
- Certified Immunization Record (Dtap or Tdap, Polio, Hepatitis B, HIB, PCV, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A and Meningococcal) - Immunization requirements can be found here.
- Official City, County or State Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Transfer Application (if applicable - please see the Transfer Students section below)
- Verification of Residence (current water, electric, or gas bill, current Lease Agreement, or property Tax Statement)
- Withdrawal Form from previous school with withdrawal grades
TISD STUDENT ENROLLMENT PACKET
Paper forms or online enrollment instructions can be found below.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT BOTH PAPER AND ONLINE ENROLLMENT.
Students currently enrolled in TISD do not need to complete a new enrollment. If you have any questions, please call (903) 794-TISD.
DOWNLOADABLE PAPER FORMS:
KG - 5th (English/Spanish)
Texas Middle School
6th - 8th (English/Spanish)
Texas High School
9th - 12th (English/Spanish)
Paper enrollment forms can also be picked up from any campus or the TISD Welcome Center - 2208 Kennedy Ln.
ONLINE ENROLLMENT (*NEW!):
If you wish to complete enrollment online, please click here.
Instructions for online enrollment can be found here.
Parents are welcome to use computers at the TISD Welcome Center (2208 Kennedy Ln) to complete enrollment.
* For parents/guardians who do not have a proof of residence in their name, you will need to come by the Welcome Center to complete a Certification of Residence form. Please contact the Welcome Center (information below) to find out more regarding this process. Proof of residency can be any of the following: current water, electric, or gas bill, current Lease Agreement, or property Tax Statement.
* If you are trying to enroll a student and you are not the biological parent on the birth certificate or do not have legal custody, you will need to complete paperwork to become the student's Educational Guardian. Please contact the Welcome Center (information below) to find out more regarding this process.
For questions regarding any part of the enrollment process, please contact any of the below:
TISD Welcome Center
(903) 794-TISD (8473)