Fundraising Request Form
To complete this form offline Download Here.
Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or idea by raising small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the Internet. The following guidelines outline requirements, acceptable actions and a comparison of crowdfunding sites for Texarkana ISD schools.
- All crowdfunding campaigns must support educational or instructional-based initiatives.
- Completion of an Fundraising Request Form is required for DonorsChoose and GoFundMe campaigns. The application must be completed prior to publishing a fundraising campaign and submitted to your campus principal for approval. Campus principal will then submit to the Office of Student & Community Development for final approval. Once approvals are received, you will be able to begin your campaign.
- Completion of a Fundraising Request Summary Report is required for DonorsChoose and GoFundMe campaigns. The report must be submitted at the end of the fundraising campaign to the Office of Student & Community Development.
- Crowdfunding campaigns are considered a fundraiser and DO COUNT against your acceptable number of campus fundraisers.
- Creation of personal campaigns or withdrawal of funds into personal banking accounts.
- Creation of campaigns that benefit individuals.
- Sales of any kind (i.e. popcorn, t-shirts).
- Transfer of donations from campus to campus.
- Donated items mailed to employee homes.
- Fundraising for non-district organizations and charities
Below is a list of crowdfunding platforms that have been vetted by the Office of Student & Community Development.
Online crowdfunding site for supplies and equipment, focused on PK-12 education.
- 2.9% credit card processing fee per donation plus 15% per campaign for overhead, teacher outreach, maintenance and build-out of the DonorsChoose.org website
- Fulfillment labor and materials charge (depends on items selected by school)
- Non-cash donations (materials and supplies only with specified vendors)
DonorsChoose is an online crowdfunding platform that allows individuals to donate directly to public school classroom projects. Once a project
is fully funded, DonorsChoose will purchase and deliver the requested equipment and materials directly to the campus. DonorsChoose is NOT a
crowdfunding site used for raising money.
Per TISD policy, campuses must ensure that:
- Items ≥ $500 in value are tagged as a fixed asset through TISD's Fixed Assets Department.
- Items received remain property of the campus.
- A Fundraising Request Form is to be completed prior to publishing the DonorChoose campaign and a copy is submitted to the campus Principal and Office of Student & Community Development.
- An Fundraising Summary Report should be submitted at the end of the fundraising campaign to the Office of Student & Community Development.
Fundraising Summary Report