Student & Staff Safety Protocols
All students and staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms regularly and individuals who present with symptoms will be separated and sent home.
- Staff will be required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to reporting to work each day.
- Parents/guardians are expected to screen their students for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending their students to school.
- Teachers will monitor students and refer to the nurse if symptoms are present.
Student or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms
- When a student displays symptoms of COVID-19, the school health personnel will assess and determine if and when a student needs to be sent home.
- Students who are sick will put on facial covering, move to a separate isolation area, and should be picked up within an hour from contacting the student's parent or guardian.
- Students and staff of a symptomatic student that has been symptomatic during the school day will be moved to another classroom or outside area temporarily while areas are being disinfected and cleaned.
- Staff/teacher displaying COVID-19 symptoms or has a confirmed case must follow district protocols.
- Campus COVID Team will identify those who have been directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g., being coughed on while not wearing a facial covering) or being within six feet of the individual for a cumulative duration of 15 minutes, while not wearing a facial covering, within 48 hours before the individual's onset of symptoms. Those individuals will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days from their last exposure to that individual.
- District communication will be provided to the parents of students who came in contact with a COVID-19 positive student or staff member.
- Students who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to provide a doctor's release before returning to school.
- The classroom and other common areas will be disinfected once unoccupied.
Protocols for Face Coverings
- TISD will provide a buff style mask for all Pre-Kindergarten-12th grade students.
- Pre-Kindergarten students will be required to wear masks during transition times and dismissal and not in the classroom.
- Kindergarten-5th grade students will be required to wear masks during transition times, dismissal, and in the classroom when not socially distanced. When students are seated at their desks for instruction, they will be allowed to pull their masks down. We encourage the buff style of mask for anyone providing their own for this age group.
- Exceptions will be made based on the developmental appropriateness and need of individual students. Requests for accommodations should be submitted to campus administration.
Protocols for Campus Visitors
Campuses will utilize virtual meeting options to limit campus visitors when possible. On-Campus visitors will be limited to essential visits only. All visitors who enter the building will be required to wear a face covering. Individuals who proceed beyond the reception area will follow specific guidelines for visitors.
Visitor Screening/PPE Requirements
- All individuals entering the building will be required to wear face coverings.
- Individuals proceeding beyond the reception area will be subject to the following guidelines:
- All visitors will be subject to screening by way of a symptom screening form.
- Virtual meetings will be available when possible.
- Visitors and staff will maintain physical distancing for ARD and other meetings in smaller conference areas.
NOTE: At this time, parents/guardians will not be able to eat breakfast or lunch or deliver breakfast or lunch to front offices for students due to increased safety protocols.
Protocols for Disinfecting and Hand Sanitizing
Frequent disinfection and hand sanitization will ensure health and wellness of students and staff.
Hand Washing/Sanitizing Expectations
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available at the main entrance to the campus, in classrooms, in the cafeteria and in common areas throughout the campus.
- Staff will be expected to regularly wash or sanitize their hands.
- Requirement for hand washing and/or use of TISD-provided hand sanitizer:
- Provide hand sanitizer upon entry to classroom and periodic teacher reminders during instructional day
- Thorough hand washing after recess, before eating, following restroom breaks
- Staff will have access to disinfectant to sanitize high-touch and working surfaces and shared objects regularly.
- Staff will limit the use of shared supplies when possible.
Protocols for Campus Cleaning and Disinfecting
Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will promote a healthy learning and work environment for students and staff.
Daily Campus Cleaning
- Each classroom and restroom will be disinfected daily.
- Restrooms will be disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- All high touch areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Custodians will wear masks and gloves during work hours.
- The cafeteria will be disinfected between lunch periods.
- Staff will have access to disinfectant to sanitize working surfaces and shared objects after each use and during breaks in instruction.
Additional Cleaning Measure for Covid-19 Positive Cases on Campus
- If a classroom or facility is closed due to COVID-19 spread, quaternary disinfectant, which is recommended for use on the virus that causes COVID-19, will be used to defog and disinfect.
- Custodial staff will defog and disinfect classrooms, restrooms, common areas and all additional areas in the entire building.
ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PENDING
LOCAL, STATE & FEDERAL AUTHORITIES