The application period for Kindergarten during the 2021-22 school year will be open November 1, 2020 - January 15, 2021.
The selection process for Kindergarten students will be based on a scoring rubric that awards points based on performance on the required Readiness Assessments, sibling status and TISD District residency. Additional rubric scoring points will also be given to children of staff currently employed full time at Morriss Elementary. Applicants with the highest composite score will be selected for admittance.
Readiness Assessments will be given by appointment. The tentative dates for entrance testing will be February 27 and March 6, 2021 (Saturdays). Students must test on one of the designated dates to be eligible for selection. Appointments for Assessments will be made in January 2021.
- Submit an Application between November 1, 2020 and January 15, 2021
- Include Proof of Residence with Application - two documents required
- Applicant must take the Math & Reading Readiness Assessments in February to early March 2021
- Students will be notified of acceptance status by April 1, 2021
- Selected students must return the Entrance Agreement and registration documents by
April 15, 2021